Sunday, January 2, 2011

Paper Sundaes Challenge #50 - Something New

Happy New Year everyone!  I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and a wonderful New Year celebration.  It  was great to have a couple of days off to be able to do something crafty again.  Today my card is for Paper Sundaes Challenge #50 - Something New where we are asking you to create a card using something new you haven't used before.  This week we are being sponsored by a fabulous new sponsor to Paper Sundaes Michelle's Scrapbooking & More:  



I was checking out their store & there are lots of great items from great stamp lines such as Pixie Cottage, Magnolia, Stampavie (and more) plus nestabilities, copics & paper!  The list of items they carry are endless so be sure to check it out!  For my card I used a couple of items new to me:  some new pink copics, a new fiskars border punch similar to the ones shown here, new Magnolia image of Sitting Angel Tilda and some paper from Little Yellow Bicycle's Sweet Love Collection.

I figured I would move on to the next special occasion Valentine's Day & couldn't wait to use this super cute image!  I did have a bit of a mess up when I was doing this though.  I was masking my image so I could airbrush my pink background and the adhesive I was using ripped my image.  Boy was I not happy but I managed to salvage her & I still love the way this turned out.  I also punched some of the hearts out of the DP with my circle punch and used glossy accents on them to add some shine.  I really love this line of Design Paper....the pinks and silver/white combo looks so great together!

I will be entering this into the following challenge:
Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge #13 - Colour Combo Pink, White & Silver

2 comments:

Fiona said...

fab card Crystal...love the DP and Tilda is amazing!!

Fi
x

Lisa M. said...

Jealous of the new pink copics! I have 3...that's it! And they aren't even pairs for shadowing! SOB! LOL!

Beautiful card with lovely pink!