Sunday, February 14, 2010

Paper Sundaes Challenge #5 - Glittery Spring Paper Makeup Stamps


Happy Sundae!  It's time for Paper Sundaes Challenge #5 and this week the theme is "A Glittery Spring".
A big THANK YOU to Paper Makeup Stamps for sponsoring us this week and allowing us to choose one of their images to play with!  Be sure to check out their store.  They have a wide variety of stamps, accessories, shimmerz, tools and so much more.  They have really great digi sentiments too!   I chose to use one of the Digi Fairy images named "Rose".  I love this image and it was so much fun to colour.  To me it looks like she is smelling the rose and dreaming of spring.  I know I sure am :)

I found this amazing design paper that I thought was perfect for this card.  Unfortunately I cut off the end and don't know who the manufacturer is.  All the flowers on the paper have glitter all over them but it's hard to tell in this photo.  I took so many and just couldn't get it to show up right.  I coloured Rose with copics (E00, E02, E11, E13, E15, E17, E41, R02, YG23, RV10, RV32, RV34, Y17, Y15, and Y11).  I then used my Pebbles Chalk to chalk the background and used opal Shimmerz on her wings.  The awesome frame I used over top of the image is called Glitter Bling and is by Making Memories.  They are great, inexpensive and come in a variety of other shapes and colours.  I also used my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder, SU border punch and miscellaneous Jewels.  I even dotted every single swiss dot with Shimmerz.  (I know I'm crazy right....that's what I thought halfway through).  Be sure to check out the Paper Sundaes Blog this week and play along.  Don't forget to check out the cards made by the rest of the Design Team.  We always love to hear from you :)

3 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi Crystal. A beautiful card. Love your papers, the embossing and decorative border. I do think they make a wonderful addition to complete the look of a card. Fab image and that goergous glittered frame. Stunning.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Alica said...

great card - love your glittery frame and the colors too!

CarlaKH said...

Just lovely! The colors and the coloring are perfect!