Sunday, May 2, 2010

Paper Jewels May Challenge - Navy, Yellow and Wine

In case you didn't know....Paper Jewels has a challenge every month and we'd love you to play along!  To visit the Paper Jewels Blog and play along with the May Challenge you can check it out HERE!  This month's challenge is a colour challenge of Navy, Yellow and Wine.  Here is my take on it:
I used the Sweet Pea Stamp Dance of the Butterfly which you can pick up at Paper Jewels.  Jenny just received in a whole bunch of new Sweet Pea Stamps recently & I want them all!  I coloured the image with copics and used my spica glitter pens to colour the butterflies and accent her hair.  Unfortunately I can't seem to master having this show up well in photos....if anyone has some good tips I would LOVE to hear them!  The paper used was from K&Company except for the cardstock which is Bazzill.  The flowers & Dew Drops were ones that I received from Jenny in a Secret Sister swap & I sprayed the flowers with Pearl Glimmer Mist.  The navy ribbon was from my ribbon stash which I believe I must have picked up from Michaels.  Speaking of Michaels did I mentioned I just purchased the Cricut Expression????  I'm so excited & I got a really good deal on it!

To see my Paper Sundaes Creation please scroll down :)

2 comments:

Alica said...

so pretty! when I try to capture something glittery I usually take a picture from an angle - but I'm no profesional, so it's usually takes several pictures from different angles to get it right ;)

HappyCrafter said...

Gorgeous card, Crystal! And congrats on the Cricut, I'm jealous!!!! Can't wait to see what you do with it!