Sunday, April 10, 2011

Paper Sundaes Challenge #64 - Childhood Memories

It's time for another challenge over at Paper Sundaes.  It's Challenge #64 to be exact & the theme this week is Childhood Memories.  This can be anything to do with children or a childhood memory that you have.  Our sponsor this week is Mo's Digital Pencil and the fabulous prize up for grabs is a $20 gift certificate to their store!  Great prize as there are many super cute images over there.  To be honest I haven't seen many of the images until I checked out their store and will definitely be getting some more soon!  I wanted to use a Mo's image for my card so I checked out their blog Mo's Digital Pencil Too and found this freebie from back in July 2009 which I believe is called Monkey Tricks!  Now as soon as I saw it I immediately thought of the song "No more monkeys jumping on the bed" that we used to sing when I was little so I thought it would be perfect for this weeks challenge!  It's a stretch I know but I'm going with it!!

Here's my card:
I coloured the image with copics and used design paper from a DCWV paper pack I had for awhile.  I embossed some white cardstock with a cuttlebug embossing folder and then inked it with Tim Holtz distress ink in Barn Door, added some ribbon, two brads and a sentiment to complete it.  Now I know he's not exactly jumping on a bed but that's what it reminded me of and besides he's a super cute monkey!

Happy Sundae & be sure to check out the rest of the Sundae Girls creations over at the Paper Sundaes Blog!

1 comment:

Fiona said...

fab!! what cheeky chimp and cool DP too.

Fi
x