Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Shopping Our Stash (SOS) Challenge #1 Ribbon Rewind!!

I'm super excited because today is the day that Shopping our Stash (SOS) Challenge Blog celebrates our first ever challenge!!!  Now the whole idea behind our blog is to use items from your stash of supplies!!  I LOVE this because it means I'm using stuff I already have rather than rushing out to buy more stuff that I don't really need.  For Challenge #1 we are calling it Ribbon Rewind and we would like you to pull out your oldest ribbon, or use the colour of ribbon you have the most of or even show us a new technique that you wouldn't normally use for your ribbon.  Sounds fun right?  For my card I attempted to make a ribbon blossom from this SCS tutorial using some of my ribbon stash in pinks & browns (all old and colours I have the most of).

I used 4 different ribbons for my flower!  The paper I used for my card is by Bo Bunny and the large flower I added is by Prima.  I coloured my Magnolia Birthday Tilda image with copics and then cut out using my nesties.  Other supplies used:  Fiskars Border punch, Magnolia Happy Birthday Sentiment.

Be sure to check out the SOS Challenge Blog to see the other DT creations they are FABULOUS!!  There are all kinds of different projects, not just cards!!  There is also a fabulous link under our RESOURCES tab for you to get some ideas on how to use your ribbon.  I hope you will play along with us this week and a big THANK YOU to all the participants in our Show Us Your Stash 2 week Open House Kick-off!!  It was great to see your crafting spaces!!

4 comments:

Jacki Daniels said...

Crystal I love this card it's gorgeous love tilda and the colours will def have a go at this challenge
Jacki xx

Lisa - papergrace said...

For some reason I never think to use pink and brown and you make this look so beautiful, so sweet. Love all the ribbon you used, too. This is a lovely card, Crystal.

paige said...

Crystal this is an awesome ribbon bloom! It looks terrific on your adorable card!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Very pretty Crystal. Love the ribbon flower!