Tuesday, May 1, 2012

SOS Challenge #50 - Mother's Day or Girly Card

I can't believe it's our 50th Challenge over at Shopping our Stash Challenge Blog. Time sure flies when you are having fun!  This week we want you to show us your Mother's Day or Girly themed cards!  Even though I'm a mom, I really dread this time of year and have ever since my mom passed away when I was 19.  You would think it would get easier over time but it doesn't.  I made this card for my mom even though she isn't here and I'll keep it along with all the other's I've made over the years just so that while she's watching over me she'll know how much I still love and miss her :)
I used one of Stamping Bella images "You're my Number one-abella".  I thought it would be perfect and I've had the image forever and hadn't coloured it.  I was able to use one of my new dies and a leftover flower I had in my flower drawer.  All paper came from my Echo Park "Yours Truly" paper pad.

Be sure to check out the SOS Challenge Blog for some fabulous inspiration from the rest of the SOS girls!!

4 comments:

jimlynn said...

SO cute, Crystal! Love that frame around the image and the fabulous flower! Great card for Mother's Day!
Lynn

Leslie Hanna said...

Awwww, since I lost my Mom 10 years ago, I have a hard time with Mother's Day cards, too. {hugs}

This is a very sweet card. :)

lauren bergold said...

oh this is such a lovely card already, and now, knowing the story, it makes it all the more beautiful!!! ♥♥♥

paige said...

{Hugs} to you! What a lovely card and so sweet of you to make one every year.