Sunday, August 1, 2010

Paper Sundaes Challenge #29 Stitching

Happy Sundae!  The theme/technique for this weeks Paper Sundaes Challenge #29 is STITCHING!  This week our wonderful sponsor is Belles & Whistles so I used the image "Li'l Miss Poppy" for my card.
I coloured with copics (E00, E11, E13, E31, E33, E35, E37, E40, E41, E43, E44, B21, B41, B45, R02, Y19, YG17).  All paper is by Kaisercraft which I distressed using Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Stormy Sky & Antique Linen.    I just did a simple stitch around the background of my card since this is the first time EVER machine stitching on a card & the first time I've used my machine in years!  It was fun so I'm sure I will attempt it again in the near future.  Other supplies used:  Scallop Circle & Circle Nesties, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing Folder, and Wild Orchid Crafts flowers.  The sentiment is from Amy R's Big Words & Sentiments set.  Be sure to check out Paper Sundaes to see our new design team members (Fiona, France, Nana, Pattie & Wendy- hi girls), check out their blogs and give them a warm welcome.  These girls are so talented!  Can't wait to see what you come up with this week :)

6 comments:

Fiona said...

fab card Crystal...those flowers are gorgeous too.

Fi
x

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

I love the big round scalloped circle with all the stitching. Beautiful card! I'm so happy to be working with you on Paper Sundaes.

Alica said...

so cute Crystal! Love the layout and your coloring is great too!

HappyCrafter said...

So sweet! The stitching looks wonderful, wouldn't know it was your first time on a card! Have a great Sunday, Crystal.

Bananastamper said...

Oh, I just love how this turned out! Love the colors, the texture, the stiching, your colouring, everything. Beautiful card!
Shanna :)

Anonymous said...

so sweet! So ADORABLE!
Pam Going Postal